HOW TO SUPPORT A TEAM
Tell your relatives, friends, work colleagues and others, so that they can donate to your team funds. Receipts will be immediately issued to the donor.
Click on ‘Make a Donation. GiveNow.com.au’ button
(Credit card facility – VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX)
Links to ‘Dunkeld Adventure – Dunkeld Community Centre Project’
Step 1 – Fill in your donor information
Step 2 – My Giving Account : Enter your own password. This enables for future donations
Step 3 – Optional Information – IMPERATIVE for donations to a team
- In OTHER, nominate the team you are donating to. Special message: ’Dot the circle ’
Step 4 – Email Notifications: Provide email addresses to notify of your donation
FUNDRAISING IS EASIER THAN IT FIRST APPEARS
Fundraising is not as daunting as you might think. Your entry fees can be paid through fundraising as well.
This year we are awarding a fantastic fundraising prize to the team raising the most money. Eligibility to win this prize depends on the team’s ability to raise $2500 over their entry fee. Prize open to both team categories.
(Fundraising Prize 2012: A weekend adventure in the Great South West near Portland and Nelson comprising of guided trek along the Great South West Trail, canoeing along the Glenelg River and accommodation for 2 nights at a local B & B. Congratulations TEAM - ’THE GREEN WOOLLY ROOS’ )
Have fun while raising money. Summer is coming so there are plenty of opportunities to get outside and enjoy outdoor events. Think of social or sporting activities that appeal to your family, friends, colleagues and to you. Try to incorporate them into your fundraising activities.
Here are some great fundraising ideas that may appeal..
|Ask your workplace to sponsor your entry||Hold a garage sale or market stall|
|Host a dinner party at home||Invite your friends around for a BBQ|
|Hold a movie night||Organise a lunch or morning tea at work|
|Request Birthday gift donations||Request Christmas gift donations|
|Set up an online fundraising page and email friends||Organise a casual day at work|
|Organise a sports competition with friends||Arrange a movie night or an advance screening at your local cinema|
|Bowling night||Diet Challenge|
|Ask your Facebook friends||Golf day|
|Karaoke night||Ladies night in|
|Trivia night||Scrabble tournament|
Start with something simple that you feel able to achieve and remember to enjoy the process.
Stress the importance of a donation, no matter how big or small.
To be eligible for the Fundraising Prize, your fundraising money must be deposited with Dunkeld Adventure no later than 7 June 2013.
(Extra monies can still be deposited up to and including the weekend of the Serra Terror lV)
- The sky’s the limit. Set yourself a target, make it realistic or you will soon become disheartened. Make the first donation yourself.
- Ask your friends, family, work mates & boss to assist.
- Advertise online through social media
- Post a notice on your blog and keep regular updates of your training. If you don’t have a blog then create one (they are invaluable to your cause).
- Your friends, family, work mates and anyone who is sponsoring you may want to follow your progress throughout your training and as you compete. Its also a good means of gaining business & corporate sponsorships as you can display their logo on your site.
- Use Twitter and Facebook to your advantage.
- Hold your event eg. dinner party, stall, sausage sizzle, or car wash.
- Gain media coverage (radio, TV, newspaper). Does your town/area send out a regular newsletter? If so, then make an announcement in it.
Print the attached poster and put up on your workplace desk/noticeboard etc.